Friday, May 29, 2009

New to Blogging

So here it is my first blog post which is definitely out of my comfort zone as I have never claimed to be much of a writer.

To give a little background, this blog was started as a group of blogs that will make up the Unseasoned Chefs(UC) blog which is just getting started. The UC blog will be a combination of different blogs from three chefs that came from different parts of the nation, different backgrounds, different food philosophies and yet they all ended up in Denver, CO at the same time and in the same classes at Johnson and Wales.

We are all now at the start of the same yet different path through our culinary careers. I am working at my internship site The Flagstaff House in Boulder, CO. http://www.flagstaffhouse.com/ I have been working there for about 2 months and have approx. another 2 months to go.

The main focus of this blog for the moment however will be the restaurant that I will be working at when I return home to Macon, GA. I will become the managing partner for Harpin's Restaurant which is a small lunch and catering business that I have worked at before. The restaurant does not currently offer a regular dinner service so I will be developing a dinner service for the 25 seat restaurant. This blog will follow me as I locate purveyors, develop recipes, and build menus for food that is southern inspired and based on products that are available, fresh, local, seasonal, sustainable, and organic.

I hope that as readers you will appreciate the journey I am taking and I encourage you to make comments and suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment